- Hong Kong Housing Prices Continue to Drop
- As expected, the Asia property prices for places like Hong Kong (and China and Singapore as well) continue to drop. The bubble it was in for several years was a bit delayed vs the western countries but it was inevitable as valuations were significantly higher than historical trends.
- Japan Corporations Cutting Outlook
- As mentioned on the last edition, the Yen is not sustainable at its current level if Japanese companies are to be competitive. Its not a question of whether Japan needs a devaluation, its a question of how and whether the Japanese government is capable of doing it.
- Case Shiller Index Shows House Prices Continue To Drop
- While indicators show the market is no longer accelerating, the market is still yet to fully turn around. Has it been lounging around in the bottom? Maybe.
- Last Year's Laggards Are This Year's Heroes
- Last year's poor performers (hello financials) have outperformed this month so far. Lets see if they can keep this up.
Tuesday, 31 January 2012